Philagrafika is very excited to be announcing the upcoming release of its exhibition catalogue for The Graphic Unconscious!
Featuring more than 250 pages of images, illustrations, essays and contributions by the six curators, festival organizers, and artists, this catalogue is a "must have" for your library! The books will be arriving at the offices this month and will be ready for online purchase by March 23rd. Books are $30+ shipping.
Heading to St. Louis? The catalogue will be making it's first public debut at the 2011 SGC International Conference, March 16-19, where we'll be set up at a vendor's table...look for us! SGC attendees receive a 20% discount!
The catalogue was wonderfully designed by Anthony Smyrski of Smyrski Creative. Here's a sneak peak at a few page spreads:
YOUNG-HAE CHANG HEAVY INDUSTRIES
Swoon Wheatpastes in North Philly
Drive By Press Block Party
What else is inside?!
- Foreword by Judith K. Brodsky
- Introduction: This Could be the Start of Something Big by Teresa Jaynes
- The Graphic Unconscious or the How and Why of a Print Triennial by José Roca
- Print and the Public Sphere by Sheryl Conkelton
- Print in Translation: The Graphic Unconscious at the Philadelphia Museum of Art by Shelley R. Langdale
- Virtually Universal: Printmaking as a Tool by John Caperton
- History Repeats: Reflections from Moore College of Art & Design by Lorie Mertes
- Transforming the Known into the New: Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts and Philagrafika 2010 by Julien Robson
- In and Out of Print: Artist Projects in Historical Collections by Caitlin Perkins
- Printmaking: A Colony of the Arts (2006) by Luis Camnitzer
Stay tuned for details about ordering online and special offers! To reserve your copy, email email@example.com or call Rebecca Mott 215-701-8057